- USA Passports
- Passport Fees
- First Time US Passports
- E-Passports Unknown Security Dangers!!
- Travel Warnings!!!
- US Passport Forms
- US Passports In A Hurry!!!
- U.S. Passport Card
- US Passport Processing Times
- US Passports: Children Under Age 16
- Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
- Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
- US Passport Photos
- U.S. Passports for Citizens Born Abroad
- Name Change & Data Correction for US Passports
- How To Obtain Copies of US Passport Records
- Example Birth Certificates for your US passport
- Boston US Passport Agency
- Chicago US Passport Agency
- Colorado US Passport Agency
- Connecticut US Passport Agency
- Honolulu US Passport Agency
- Houston US Passport Agency
- Los Angeles US Passport Agency
- Miami US Passport Agency
- New Orleans US Passport Agency
- New York US Passport Agency
- Philadelphia US Passport Agency
- San Francisco US Passport Agency
- Seattle US Passport Agency
- Special Issuance US Passport Agency: Diplomatic, Military & DoD
- Washington DC US Passport Agency
Dangers of a Soon to Expire Passport
Renewals are done completely by the applicant. You use DS- Form 82 for the renewal process. This form can be found at www.passportsusa.com. If you are within one year of your US Passport expiring, make sure you do not travel on a passport with less than six months till expiration. In the last several years many countries, if not all, have adopted this rule.
This has happened due to citizens becoming stranded for months at time because of natural and man-made disasters. Typhoons, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, civil unrest, and political disruptions can all have an impact on exiting a country. In situations like this, go straight to the US Embassy. An expired passport can result in many weeks delay from being allowed to leave the country you are visiting.
You will need new passport photos, your most recent US Passport, photo copy of your current photo ID (driver’s license, military ID) front and back on the same page and a check or money order made payable to the Department of State for the current fee. At this time, the fee is $110.00. If you need to expedite your application, add the addition $60.00 for a total of $170.00.
Make sure you use black ink when filling out the application and don’t forget to sign it. When mailing your documents, US Priority Mail with tracking is highly recommended. This helps you and the Department of State keep things moving in a timely manner.
No Comments »
No comments yet.