From DS-64: Statement Regarding a Stolen or Lost Passport

Your stolen passport is worth $10,000+ on the black market. Take every precaution to protect it against theft. If it is stolen report it IMMEATELY!! Your stolen passport can and likely will be used in terrorism if not reported.


 You need to report and replace a lost or stolen U.S. passport



Read and understand Steps 1-3 before leaving this page. Passports reported lost or stolen are invalidated and can no longer be used for travel. See Important Notes for more information.

STEP 1: Print and Complete Form

When completing Form DS-64, do so legibly and in black ink. Answer all questions completely. If you do not know the answer in detail, be as exact as possible

STEP 2: Sign and Date

You must sign and date Form DS-64 on page 1 of the form.

STEP 3: Submit From DS-64+ Form DS-11

To replace your lost or stolen U.S. passport, submit Form DS-64 with completed Form Form DS-11 to an Acceptance Facility or Passport Agency.

If you are not applying for a replacement passport at this time, but wish to report the loss or theft of your U.S. passport, submit Form DS-64 to:

U.S. Department of State
Passport Services
Consular Lost/Stolen Passport Section
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036


  • The information you provide on Form DS-64: Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen
    will be entered in our Consular Lost/Stolen Passport System.
  • If you recover the passport after you have reported it lost or stolen, please submit it to the address listed above. When you submit it, if requested – we will cancel it and return it to you. If not requested, it will be destroyed.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.