- USA Passports
- Passport Fees
- First Time US Passports
- E-Passports Unknown Security Dangers!!
- Travel Warnings!!!
- US Passport Forms
- US Passports In A Hurry!!!
- U.S. Passport Card
- US Passport Processing Times
- US Passports: Children Under Age 16
- Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
- Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
- US Passport Photos
- U.S. Passports for Citizens Born Abroad
- Name Change & Data Correction for US Passports
- How To Obtain Copies of US Passport Records
- Example Birth Certificates for your US passport
- Boston US Passport Agency
- Chicago US Passport Agency
- Colorado US Passport Agency
- Connecticut US Passport Agency
- Honolulu US Passport Agency
- Houston US Passport Agency
- Los Angeles US Passport Agency
- Miami US Passport Agency
- New Orleans US Passport Agency
- New York US Passport Agency
- Philadelphia US Passport Agency
- San Francisco US Passport Agency
- Seattle US Passport Agency
- Special Issuance US Passport Agency: Diplomatic, Military & DoD
- Washington DC US Passport Agency
When You Arrive for Your Appointment at the US Passport Agency
Welcome to the New Orleans US Passport Agency
|The New Orleans US Passport Agency only serves customers who are traveling, or submitting their US Passports for foreign visas, within 14 days. To apply at the Agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling toll-free at 1-877-487-2778, 24 hours/day. If you are not traveling, or needing to submit your US Passport for foreign visas within 14 days, you must apply at a US Passport Application Acceptance Facility.THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR AN APPOINTMENT AT A US PASSPORT AGENCY. CUSTOMERS SHOULD NOT PAY ANYONE OR ANY BUSINESS MAKING SUCH A CHARGE.|
|Public Hours of Operation||By Appointment Only8 a.m. to 12 noonMonday through Friday (except Federal holidays)|
|Public Telephone Number||
(Automated appointment line and general recorded information available 24 hours/7 days)
|Address||One Canal Place
365 Canal Street, Suite 1300
New Orleans, LA 70130-6508
|Region Served||Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Virgina(except Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Loudon, Prince William, and Stafford counties), and Wisconsin|
|Directions||Car: The New Orleans US Passport Agency is located in the heart of downtown New Orleans at One Canal Place, 365 Canal St., Suite 1300. One Canal Place is an office tower/ shopping center/ hotel complex, and is located between the historic U.S. Customhouse and the Aquarium of the Americas at the intersection of Canal and North Peters Streets. US Passport customers departing New Orleans International Airport and heading toward the downtown area on I-10 eastbound should follow signs on the Interstate marked “New Orleans Business District”. With the Superdome visible in the distance, the traveler will approach a two-lane off-ramp marked “I-10 East Slidell”. Take the off-ramp, and very shortly you will exit to your left at Exit 234B, “Poydras St. Superdome”.
Proceed down Poydras St. approximately 1 mile, and then take a left onto South Peters St. Continue down South Peters approximately 2 blocks to the intersection with Canal St. The One Canal Place office tower will be just ahead to your right at the corner of Canal and North Peters Streets.Customers approaching the downtown area on I-10 westbound should exit to the right at Exit 235B, “Canal St. Superdome”. Canal Street is approximately 1 block straight ahead from the downside of the off-ramp. Take a right onto Canal Street, and proceed approximately 1 mile. The One Canal Place office tower will then be visible to your left.
Customers travelling from the West Bank of the Mississippi River should take the Crescent City Connection (Mississippi River Bridge) and then exit at Camp Street. Turn right onto Andrew Higgins Drive and proceed approximately 4 blocks to South Peters St. Take a left onto South Peters and continue several blocks until you reach the Canal St. intersection. The One Canal Place office tower will be just ahead to your right at the corner of Canal and North Peters Streets.
Paid parking is available in the One Canal Place garage as well as in several lots nearby.
Train: From Union Passenger Terminal – taxis available (approximately 1 and a half miles).
Taxi: From New Orleans International Airport – taxis available (travel time from the airport is approximately 30 – 45 minutes).
- You will need your Social Security Number.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Earlier arrivals will not be admitted.
- >Late arrivals, 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment, will have to reschedule their appointments.
- Upon entry to the building, you will go through security, including metal detectors.
- Take the elevator to the 13th floor, Suite 1300.
- Go to check-in/information. Your appointment will be verified.
- You will be given a numbered ticket with the approximate, current waiting time at the bottom. (We do our best to keep the waiting time as short as possible.)
- Please take a seat. Note: To maximize customer comfort and comply with fire and safety regulations, US Passport Agency public waiting areas are limited to applicants, required witnesses, and those accompanying minors, disabled applicants, or serving as interpreters.
- When your number is called and/or appears on the television monitor, go to the number of the window indicated.
- For information on what you need to bring to your appointment, see our information on How to Apply in Person for a US Passport.
Travel Agent’s Corner
- US Passport forms may be ordered in bulk from the:
Government Printing Office
P.O. Box 371954
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7954
- Or telephone: (202) 512-1800, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Or fax: (202) 512-2250
Application DS-11: Stock Number 044-000-02510-8, $8.50 for 50 US Passport forms
Renewal DS-82: Stock Number 044-000-02511-6, $10.00 for 50 US Passport forms
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.