- USA Passports
- Passport Fees
- First Time US Passports
- E-Passports Unknown Security Dangers!!
- Travel Warnings!!!
- US Passport Forms
- US Passports In A Hurry!!!
- U.S. Passport Card
- US Passport Processing Times
- US Passports: Children Under Age 16
- Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
- Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
- US Passport Photos
- U.S. Passports for Citizens Born Abroad
- Name Change & Data Correction for US Passports
- How To Obtain Copies of US Passport Records
- Example Birth Certificates for your US passport
- Boston US Passport Agency
- Chicago US Passport Agency
- Colorado US Passport Agency
- Connecticut US Passport Agency
- Honolulu US Passport Agency
- Houston US Passport Agency
- Los Angeles US Passport Agency
- Miami US Passport Agency
- New Orleans US Passport Agency
- New York US Passport Agency
- Philadelphia US Passport Agency
- San Francisco US Passport Agency
- Seattle US Passport Agency
- Special Issuance US Passport Agency: Diplomatic, Military & DoD
- Washington DC US Passport Agency
As of September 4, 2010
Prevent application processing delays by submitting the correct fees the first time! Read the information below carefully and entirely to ensure that your payment is correct.
Are you applying for a U.S. Passport? See Fee Info Below
When applying at a US Passport Agency, both the Application Fee and the Execution Fee are combined as one payment to the “Department of State.”
When applying at an US Passport Acceptance Facility, pay the Application Fee to the “Department of State” and the Execution Fee to the facility where you are applying.
|Form DS-82: Application for a U.S. Passport Renewal for Adult By Mail|
|What Are You Applying For? (Are You Eligible to Renew?)||Application Fee||USE Form||Total Amount You Pay|
|Adult US Passport Book & Card||$140.00||DS-82||$140.00|
|Adult US Passport Book||$110.00||DS-82||$110.00|
|Adult US Passport Card||$30.00||DS-82||$30.00|
When mailing Form DS-82, include a payment with the appropriate fee amount to the “Department of State.” See specific instructions on how to submit your payment on page 2 of Form DS-82.
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older and
- Was issued in the last 15 years and
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application and
- Was issued in your current name or you can document your legal name change
|If you answered no to any of the above statements you are not eligible to use Form DS-82! You must submit Form DS-11 in person and pay the appropriate fees.|
Expedite Service There is a $60.00 Expedite Fee for each application requesting Expedited Processing. Currently, the U.S. passport card is not eligible for Expedited Service. Note: An application for a US Passport book and a US Passport card may be expedited, but the $60 fee will only serve to expedite the book at this time. The pending production of your US Passport card, will not delay the issuance or delivery of your US Passport book or the return of your citizenship evidence.
|Expedite Service Fees|
|What Are You Applying For?||Routine Service Total||Expedite Service Total|
|US Passport Book (Age 16 & Older)||$100.00||$160.00|
|US Passport Book (Under Age 16)||$85.00||$145.00|
|US Passport Card (Age 16 & Older)||Does Not Apply|
|US Passport Card (Under Age 16)||Does Not Apply|
Overnight Delivery In order to receive your US Passport as soon as possible, no matter what you’re applying for (first-time application, renewal, additional pages, name change, etc.), we strongly suggest that you use an overnight delivery service to: 1. Send your US Passport application to the Department of State (See your overnight delivery service provider for fee information) and 2. Return your newly issued US Passport from the Department of State (Include a overnight delivery service fee of $14.85 with each application) NOTE: The overnight delivery service provider that you use to send your US Passport application to the Department of State must be capable of delivery to a P.O. Box. Only the United States Postal Service can deliver to a US Post Office Box.
Methods of Payment When applying at a US Passport Agency, you may submit your payment using one of the following:
- Credit Cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- Debit/Check Cards
- Checks (personal, certified, cashiers’, travelers’)
- Money Orders (U.S. Postal, international, currency exchange)
- Bank Drafts
When applying at an Acceptance Facility, you may submit your payment using one of the following: For US Passport Application Fee:
- Personal checks, money orders, and bank drafts at all locations
- Exact cash at some locations (verify with the Acceptance Facility)
For $25.00 Execution Fee:
- Money orders and bank drafts at all locations
- Personal checks and exact cash at some locations (verify with the Acceptance Facility)
- Credit cards at U.S. Postal Facilities and some other locations (verify with the Acceptance Facility)
- When applying by mail, pay the application fee (as well as the expedite and overnight delivery return fee, if applicable) to the “Department of State”. There is no execution fee when applying by mail (i.e. Form DS-82)
When applying for a U.S. US Passport from outside of the United States, you should check with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for guidance on accepted methods of payment. U.S. Embassies and Consulates accept the foreign currency equivalent to the dollar ($) amounts listed above.